An estimated 117 million adults have one or more chronic health conditions, and one in four adults have two or more chronic health conditions.
Each day, millions of people with chronic diseases struggle to manage their conditions. Chronic disease can affect a person’s ability to take part in important activities, and restrict their enjoyment of life.
Medicare and Chronic Care Management Services
If you have Medicare and live with two or more qualifying chronic conditions, our new chronic care management services can improve the coordination of your health care and overall well-being. Our patient care navigators will partner with you and your primary care provider to help you:
- Coordinate your visits with other providers, facilities, lab, radiology or other testing.
- Cope with issues related to chronic health conditions.
- Understand your chronic conditions, medicines and treatments.
- Manage your medicines.
- Stay on track through phone calls in between provider visits.
- Be engaged as part of a team in your health care.
- Develop a personalized care plan with goals set by you.
The navigators can also provide medical information or communications needed for emergency room visits, hospital admissions or specialist appointments. This process is helpful for medicine reconciliation or the admission process, to ensure that all information is up-to-date.
Some examples of chronic conditions include:
- Arthritis (osteoarthritis and rheumatoid)
- Atrial fibrillation
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Congestive heart failure
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
Ask your Waverly Health Center clinic provider about our chronic care management services, or call one of our patient care navigators at: (319) 352-4981 or (319) 352-4982.