Our support group offers the perfect setting to share experiences, receive encouragement and get the education needed to develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle. The group is free and open to all.
Meets the first Monday of the month (*unless date falls on a holiday)
6 to 7 p.m.
Tendrils Rooftop Garden
- Monday, February 4: “The Benefits of Chair Yoga” Learn the benefits of yoga and yoga movements you can do in your chair.
- Presenter: Sheena Frey, The W, personal trainer
- Monday, March 4: “The Power of Protein” Taste test a variety of protein supplements and learn about shake recipe ideas.
- Presenter: Lisa Coleman, RDL – Waverly Health Center, nutrition therapy
- Monday, April 1: “Evolving You = Evolving Relationships.” Learn how your relationship with yourself and your loved ones may change. Coping with potential changes and challenges in relationships during and after surgical weight loss procedures will also be covered.
- Presenters: Saleena Neuhaus, LISW, Counselor – Shell Rock Clinic and Holly Wardlow, LISW, counselor – WHC behavioral health
- Monday, May 6: “Made to Move.” The human body is designed to move. Learn simple methods to add more movement into daily life.
- Presenter: Amanda Ramthun, CWC, CHES – Waverly Health Center, community health specialist
- Monday, June 3
- Monday, July 1
- Monday, August 5
- *Monday, September 9
- Monday, October 7
- Monday, November 4
- Monday, December 2