To make an appointment with a SHIIP counselor, call (319) 483-1300 and leave a message. A counselor will return your call within 72 hours.
Waverly Health Center has partnered with the State of Iowa Insurance Division to sponsor the Senior Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP) for Bremer County and the surrounding area. The program has seven trained volunteers who provide free, confidential counseling and information to individuals with questions about Medicare.
Click here for more information.
SHIIP counselors can help with:
- Medicare eligibility and enrollment
- Medicare Part A & Part B benefit coverage and limitations
- Medicare supplement insurance plans
- Medicare Advantage plans
- Medicaid covered services and eligibility
- Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage (annual open enrollment period is October 15 through December 7).