To make an appointment with a SHIIP counselor, call (319) 483-1300 and leave a message. A counselor will return your call within 72 hours.
“Welcome to Medicare” presentation
Tuesday, September 18
6 to 8 p.m.
Tendrils Rooftop Garden
The program will be presented by trained, Senior Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP) counselors. This presentation will include:
- Medicare Parts A & B Benefits
- Prescription Drug Benefits (Part D)
- Medicare Advantage Plans
- Medicare Supplement Insurance
Registration is requested at (319) 483-1360.
Waverly Health Center has partnered with the State of Iowa Insurance Division to sponsor the Senior Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP) for Bremer County and the surrounding area. The program has ten trained volunteers who provide free, confidential counseling and information to individuals with questions about Medicare.
Click here for more information.
SHIIP counselors can help with:
- Medicare eligibility and enrollment
- Medicare Part A & Part B benefit coverage and limitations
- Medicare supplement insurance plans
- Medicare Advantage plans
- Medicaid covered services and eligibility
- Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage (annual open enrollment period is October 15 through December 7).