We provide a family-centered approach to the birthing process in comfortable, home-like rooms featuring:
- Private suites with whirlpool tubs
- Personalized nursing care
- Advanced security system
- Sleeper sofas for support person
- Flexible meal choices and serving times
- Certified breastfeeding educators
Prepare for your Visit
Prenatal Classes: Classes are held every 6 weeks on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Carstensen-Gruben (CG) Room and cost $35. Wear comfortable clothing.
Breastfeeding Classes: Classes are held every 8 weeks on Tuesday evenings from 6 to 8 p.m. in the Carstensen-Gruben (CG) Room and cost $15. Certified breastfeeding educators will review basic principles and what to expect when breastfeeding. Significant others are encouraged to attend.
To check available dates and times and to register, please call (319) 352-4953.
Breastfeeding Support Group: This group is offered to families with any age breastfeeding child and strives to help mothers and babies learn from other moms. Attendees will walk away with new ideas and techniques to improve their own breastfeeding success at home.
- Date: First Thursday of each month
- Time: 1 to 2 p.m.
- Location: Carstensen-Gruben Room (Orange Lot/Entrance)