Our social workers provide patient and family-centered care to our patients.
Our social workers can help:
- Set up a patient and family care conference to go over questions, concerns, the treatment plan and after hospital care needs.
- Arrange for services such as home health care, meals, transportation and hospice care.
- Assist with financial concerns.
- Arrange nursing home care if needed.
- Provide one-on-one counseling, a connection to support groups and educational materials.
- Fill out Advanced Directives forms.
- Provide support during times of trauma or grief.
- Arrange mental health and substance abuse services.
- Deal with concerns such as child abuse, dependent adult abuse, domestic violence or homelessness.
- Communicate with your health team and arrange services to meet your physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
- Find healthy ways to deal with stress and improve your overall wellness.
Advanced Care Planning
The most important choices of your life may come at a time when you are not able to speak for yourself. Three ways to prepare are:
- Advanced Directives: Living Will and Medical Power of Attorney
- Honoring Your Wishes: Advanced care planning
- IPOST: End of life care