We have remained an independent hospital providing patient-centered care through the dedication of hospital administration, Board of Trustees, medical staff and the strong support of the community.
Become A Part Of Our Medical Staff
We are always looking to expand the services we provide to our patients!
Contact us for more information regarding:
- Employment opportunities for physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants
- Medical Staff membership and privileges
- Availability for visiting specialty clinics at WHC
About the Waverly Community
Waverly is located in Northeast Iowa along the banks of the Cedar River. It is a beautiful community with a population of 10,000. Located in the Cedar Valley, access to larger cities is in arm’s reach. The closest, the Waterloo-Cedar Falls metro area, with a population of 165,000 is only 15 miles south. Others include:
- Des Moines, Iowa – 132 Miles
- Chicago, Illinois – 291 Miles
- Minneapolis, Minnesota – 223 Miles
- Omaha, Nebraska – 264 Miles
Waverly is home to excellent public and private schools including Wartburg College, a 4-year liberal arts college, recognized as having one of the best pre-med programs in the nation. The community is green and growing with progressive economic development and an impressively low unemployment rate. The city boasts a diverse commercial, agricultural, financial and industrial base. Residents enjoy a high quality of life in a friendly community with a college town atmosphere. For more information about Waverly, click here.
Quick Facts about the State of Iowa
- Iowa is ranked as the 2nd most livable state based on 43 factors ranging from median household income to crime rate and from sunny days to infant mortality rate
- Iowa ranks 9th in the nation for number of state parks, recreational areas, and natural areas
- Iowa holds a 74% homeownership rate and a $1,229 monthly median mortgage cost
- Ranked 8th for the healthiest state in the country
- The 3rd highest public school graduation rate in the US
- The 5th best state to raise a child