If you are looking for a way to help your community, think about volunteering at Waverly Health Center! We depend on our volunteers to help us serve our community. You may choose how much time you would like to volunteer. Some volunteers work as little as one or two times a year, or as much as three times a week.
- High school and college students age 16 and older
- Adults of all ages
- Our staff
- People interested in health care careers
- Retired people wanting to stay active and share knowledge, compassion and experience.
Click here to see a full listing of our Volunteer Opportunities.
Steps to Become a Volunteer:
- Fill out the Volunteer Application Form and the Criminal Background Check Waiver (bring this with you to your interview)
- Schedule an interview with volunteer services staff by calling (319) 483-4076
- Complete the volunteer orientation program
- Complete Volunteer Health Requirements:
- Volunteers must be current on vaccinations and free of communicable disease
- Volunteers must complete a tuberculosis (TB) test and present the results to volunteer services before beginning service. We will provide the test free of charge.
- Volunteers must have a current flu vaccination before beginning service. We will provide the vaccination free of charge.
- Complete position-specific training