Recognizing that employees volunteer in the community, WHC established the Spirit of Volunteerism Award in 2010 to support our employees' efforts. The award recognizes employees for outstanding community service outside of their work time.
To acknowledge and honor community service, WHC will recognize one exceptional employee volunteer and make a $250 donation in the employee's name to a non-profit agency (501(c)3) selected by the employee. Guidelines for recognition are:
- Recognition year is January 1 through December 31.
- Self-nomination or nomination by a co-worker or community members is all welcomed. All employees are eligible for nomination.
- This is an annual award. The winner will be recognized at the annual employee recognition event, typically held in February. The $250 donation will be mailed following employee awards day.
- The winner will receive an award, and all nominees will receive a certificate of their nomination.
- One donation is allowed annually. The donation cannot be divided between various agencies.
- The selection committee will be the Engagement Council. Human Resources will facilitate removing the names from the nominations so it is a blind process. If a committee member is nominated, they will not be allowed to vote.
- Nomination submissions are due by December 31 to Beth Blake, Human Resources. Call (319) 352-4942 with questions, or email BBlake@WaverlyHealthCenter.org
Click here to nominate a deserving WHC employee today: https://forms.office.com/r/guDGk0ZeQd
Awards will be presented in February of 2024. Call (319) 352-4942 with questions.